Home Forum Post-Landing Issues Getting a SIN Reply To: Getting a SIN

  • Nitin Verma

    June 9, 2021 at 11:31 PM

    Greetings Rajesh! You will have to apply for a SIN (Social Insurance Number) card to Service Canada. Make sure that you either apply online on the Service Canada website or book an appointment with them in order to schedule a meeting at a Service Canada office nearest to you. Also, please do not share any information related to your SIN with anyone other than a confirmed government official or a trusted employer so that you do not fall for financial scams who usually pose as CRA or Service Canada officials over the phone to extract details and other vital information out of you. All international students are allowed to work part-time for a maximum of 20 hours a week legally which is only possible if you possess a valid SIN card. Also, the documents required to file for a SIN card are just your passport and study permit.

Get Free Counselling